Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Gum, water and a blueberry muffin...

I just realized that is all that I have eaten today......a piece of gum, some water and a blueberry muffin.  I know, I know, I know.  That is not healthy. I fuss at everyone in my family and even people that aren't about eating properly and drinking water.  I struggle to do both.  Lately, anyway.  It's not like I get hungry and choose not to eat.  I'm not hungry.  I chewed the gum, because I felt like it.  I drank the water not because I was thirsty, but because I knew that I should and I needed something to wash down my vitamins.Yes, I realize how crazy that sounds. (Like ordering a double cheeseburger, chili fries and a diet coke. I get it.) My son asked for spaghetti tonight and I had every intention of eating, but didn't feel like it. (I washed dishes instead.) I made blueberry muffins for dessert and realizing that I needed to have something solid in my stomach overnight, (every once in a while I get hypoglycemic) I ate one.  I should be starving, but I'm not.  My stomach shuts down when I'm busy or stressed. I know that I have to do better.  My boys are depending on me. I have to stay well.  I will do better tomorrow.  It's in writing, now I have to do better. ; ) Maybe I'll bump it up to two pieces of gum tomorrow...just kidding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts....