Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is getting even worth it?...

This was one of the scriptures covered in Bible Class:

"do not return evil for evil or insult for insult, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing" 1 Peter 3:9

This scripture really hit home for me today.  I go out of my way not to hurt others.  So when someone hurts me, I really take it to heart.  It's like secretly giving someone something that they really need and then they turn around and steal from you.... or like keeping someone's secrets while you know they are running around telling all of your secrets or even worse, making up stories about you. It's maddening.  You could retaliate, but you don't.  You would think that would be appreciated, but often it opens you up to more hurt, because now your kindness or loyalty is seen as weakness.  It's not easy and I am definitely not perfect at it, but you can't allow anyone to provoke you into giving away your blessings. No matter how hard they try......

1 comment:

  1. Getting even is like you giving the person that wornged you a thank you note. Let the Lord God do his job. He has proclamed that He is in charge of the revenge department. I personally think He does a great job at it! Some times I am very suprised, because not way I could have come near his results. You be true to your "truth", you will be rewarded for it, and proud of the example you have set for yourself and your boys. Keep bloging, this is great!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts....