Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Homemade Mirror/Glass Cleaner


When I told my boys that I was going to start making my own cleaning supplies, they laughed and just said okay mom.  They expect these kind of things from me.  I am always looking for the healthy, economical route. The ideas don't always work out (ex. our kefir experiment for one...OMG!), but my boys always appease me and applaud my efforts. I will forever love them for that. They were probably happy that this was something that weren't going to have to eat. ; ) Anyway, there are alot of recipes out there, some cost as much or more than store bought, some seem like they would require a lab and some just don't work.  This one does! All that you need is alcohol (isopropyl or ethyl), white distilled vinegar, water and cornstarch. That's it!  Oh, and a new spray bottle. That's it, I promise.
Here's what you do:

Mix 1/4 cup of alcohol, 1/4 cup of vinegar, 1tbsp. cornstarch and two cups of warm water in the water bottle and shake. Easy enough? Cause your done. Clean as usual using paper towels, newspaper or a microfiber cloth. And no, it doesn't smell. ; )  *Shake well before each use*

Pat yourself on the back. You have saved money, created something and found a new use for cornstarch. You should feel like a superhero!  ; ) This works great on windows, mirrors and chrome. (and probably a few other things, but I can't speak to them yet) I will say to brace yourself, because you're about to see pores that you didn't know that you had. This stuff is great!

*You can use alcohol with mint, if you like to have a light clean scent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts....