Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lesson From Loss Pt.2

While yesterday's loss was not the first that I have suffered, it is the first since I have been on this journey.  After every loss (whether close to me or by an extended relationship) I asked myself the same questions that I asked myself yesterday.  However, this is the first time that I feel at peace with my answers.  Everyone in my life knows how I feel about them.  I have made it clear to them who I am (whether they have come to full acceptance or not) and all but one grievance has been fully conveyed.  The person is aware that they are no longer apart of my day to day life and that their actions are the reason why.  For that reason, I still feel at peace.  I have made my final wishes known and while I am in no way done being a parent, I have instilled good morals and principles in my children.  My prayer is that those things will not be lost when I am gone.  BTW: I have threatened them that I will come back and haunt them if they do. : ) When I started my journey, I thought that it was only preparing me to live a more authentic life.  I now see that it has also prepared me to be able to rest in peace.

*I will be posting a more complete message with the details of my journey at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts....