Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Just Buy The Cookies! and No One Will Get Hurt! ; )

Ok, so if you haven't been cornered yet watch your back, because they're on the prowl.  They will corner you at your grocery or home improvement store, the library and parking lots.  They will enlist others to pounce on you in places where they cannot go, like at your workplace or gym. You're not even safe in your own home.  They know their prey and they know how to get what they want.  YOUR COOKIE ORDER!  Their organization has uniforms and tactics that have been tested and updated to make sure that get optimum results.  How do I know?, because the got me!  Now, I feel it's my duty to inform others.  What's the name of their organization? The Girl Scouts. They gave it an innocent name for a reason, don't be fooled. These girls are hard core, determined and rarely take no for an answer.  The uniforms are green and blue. Relaxing colors.  They want your guard down. (or did you think that is just a coincidence, I think NOT!)  They are very polite and sweet. (Sales Training 101)  The clincher..... the mesmerizing stare.  Whether their eyes are blue, green or brown, they have all been TRAINED to perfect this skill.  They call this training "Cookie Rallies".  Yeah right, it's really a training camp and they all graduate with honors.  I am writing this to warn you, though I am sure it will not do you any good.  After all, as I already told you, THEY GOT ME!  I don't even eat cookies regularly and I bought FOUR boxes and was baited into selling two additional boxes to someone else.  (I don't even remember doing it, it was like I was in a trance and then when I came to, I had an order for two boxes of Thin Mints and money in my hands.)  They have special powers and are not afraid to use them.  So, for your own safety, don't fight it, just buy the cookies.  Find them, before they find you. Don't give them home court advantage and don't make direct eye contact. I know what they are capable of, because until I went rogue...I used to be one. Dun. Dun. Dunnnn! (the sound effect sounded cool in my head, oh well) So trust me, just give them the money and no one will get hurt!  ; )


BTW: I bought two boxes of the Thanks-a-lots (a shortbread cookie w/chocolate on the bottom) and two boxes of the Lemonades (a shortbread cookie w/lemon icing; perfect with vanilla ice cream) from my favorite Girl Scouts in the whole wide world.....my nieces..... : )


1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts....