Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My First Valentine

Ok, so let me start off by saying that I don't have dessert every night..although I do think about it every night.  (Especially something fruity or chocolate)...So when my boys got their speech together to debate their way into getting ice cream and a smoothie, they didn't get any opposition. After the fabulous dinner that I made last night consisting of pork roast, herb potatoes and broccoli, we deserved a sweet treat.  PS. I was quite proud of my first pork roast and will share the recipe at some point.  Anyway, back to the dessert.  So I made my first stop to get my 8yr. old a smoothie as ice cream just doesn't do it for him and then on to the ice cream shop..Yay!!!! So my 12 yr. old got this crazy concoction of flavors in a waffle cone and then.........it was MY TURN.  I was a good girl and got vanilla bean yogurt (Although, I don't understand how they can legally call that stuff yogurt when it tastes just like ice cream if not better.) I COVERED it with strawberries, pineapple and of course a few sprinkles of graham cracker crust.  While I was waiting to check out "Cupid" started playing through the speakers.  Some of you are going..."What?"... Cupid was written and performed by Sam Cooke (now some of you are saying, "Who?") in 1961.  To this day, it is one of my daddy's favorite songs and as I grew up hearing it alot, I know all the words.  I started dancing and singing to myself while waiting in line.  I could hear my dad singing along as he did on many car trips to my grandma's house.  When it was my turn to pay, the guy said, "You must be having a really good day." I smiled and said, "I sure am." He smiled.  Needless to say when I got home I devoured that poor dessert, but the best part was not the dessert...not this time anyway.  It was hearing that song and thinking of my dad, that made my night special.  He's my favorite man in the whole world. To this day my dad still sends me a Valentine no matter where I am and it always gets to me on time....So to my first and year round Valentine who comforts me, supports me, loves me and makes me laugh......Happy Valentine's Day, Daddy!....I love you....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts....