Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Lesson From Loss Pt.1

I am truly saddened today.  Just hours ago I was informed that a family friend lost her battle with cancer.  While we knew it was coming, it still hurts.  I have told my self all the things that we always hear at a time like this..she's no longer in pain..she's in a better place...she's not suffering anymore...I know all of that in my head and yet my heart still hurts.  Death puts things in perspective.  I am sitting here thinking...if today was my last day, am I prepared?  Will I leave people with questions or at peace?  Will they replay memories of the real me or their vision of me?  Am I living today as though I have forever to resolve conflicts,  to say I love you or show that I care?  Life is to be cherished, but also respected.  We don't have control over it.  Don't waste time holding on to grudges or living a life that is not authentic to your spirit.  Live each day as though you have respect for life.  Robin did...and she fought hard to stay here........ Rest in peace Robin, you are already missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts....