Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

But, I didn't say Twix.

On, Tuesday I was on the phone catching up with my friend M as we have been playing phone tag for over a week.  Just before we got off the phone, she said that if I needed anything to let her know.  I told her that I appreciated the offer, but that I was ok.  She said that she knew that I was like her and probably wouldn't take her up on her offer.  Knowing that she was right, but not wanting to say it, I told her that I would call if needed.  She said that to make it easier for me to ask for help, she would give me a code word. Twix. She said that all I had to do was call and say it or text it and that she would take it from there.  We ended our conversation and I went about my day.  The next day at 12pm I received a call from her.  She said, "I need to drop off dinner for you guys." I said, "What?, but I didn't say Twix".  M said that she knew I wouldn't call so she made dinner anyway.  We made arrangements and I thanked her with one of the most sincerest thank yous that I have ever given. (I hope that she knows that.) We hung up and all that I could say was, "Thank you, Jesus." I was so thankful! (I guess that she could hear in my voice that I really needed help.) She made two jars of White Chicken Chili and it was delicious.  She sent it with shredded cheese, jalapenos, sour cream and salsa. {My boys ate it plain w/ tortilla chips because they said that it was good all by itself. : ) } We  polished off a whole jar last night.  Click here for the recipe.  Thanks again, M.

* I am working on learning how to accept help and to ask for it.  You would think that it would be easy, but for me it is not.  I feel uncomfortable on the receiving end.  My mom once told me that accepting help isn't always about me, it's also about allowing others the opportunity to feel joy of helping.  She said that sometimes accepting help is actually a gift.  I'm working on it, mom.

1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about you & praying for you. Let me know if you need more "twix" - *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts....