Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hunger Games Night Out





We had a great time last night! RR and I set out to see the 7:00 showing, but when we arrived at 6:30 it was sold out.  We bought tickets for the 7:30 and got in line.  That's right, there was already a line for the 7:30 showing.  When we were able to go in, it was a mad dash!  People were running and knocking people down and the police were called!  Okay, so that was a little exaggerated. Alright, alot exaggerated, but people were walking briskly. ; ) Anyway, after we after we got seats I got our snacks (no soda: for those following the challenge) and settled in.  I saw my long anticipated Breaking Dawn pt.2 trailer. {Again, I apologize to the girl next to me and the woman in front of me for screaming when I saw the Summit logo flash on the screen, but it's Breaking Dawn I couldn't help it.} The movie started and I was very pleased.  Having read the book, my son and I knew the story very well and would nudge each other or whisper when we noticed something different from the book, but overall, they did a good job.  Of course there were parts that we felt should have been developed more, but as we all know, a book is always better than the movie.  A movie would have to be 6hrs. long to cover the details of a book, plus a director could never capture the picture that we have created in our minds, but again, they did a good job. (Wow, that was a long run on sentence).

 Because this is the opening weekend, I won't go into details and spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.  I will write a more detailed review later.  Until then, I will say that whether you have read the books or not, it's a movie worth seeing. BUT, if you can find the time to read the books, read them.  You will be glad that you did.

P.S. We had a post Hunger Games dinner today and it was Delish! I will post the recipes as soon as I can. Till then......READ THE BOOKS! or at least see the movie.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts....