Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Robin

I literally just got back in town from attending Robin's funeral service.  I am mentally and physically exhausted, so I will keep this short.  I always knew that Robin had a beautiful spirit, but it wasn't until I listened to others give their account of memories of her that I realized just how beautiful.  She was older than me, so by the time that I reached the age when I could truly appreciate her spirit she had moved away.  She would visit from time to time, but now I know that those visits were not long enough.  Her service was beautiful.  We cried, laughed and cried some more, but it closed with everyone in a good place.  She touched so many in a good way and if only a few pay it forward, the world will be a better place for it.  No more tears, we must live this life in a way so that we will see her again.  This was not goodbye....only goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts....