Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March Challenge: Update

Ok, so in my last update there were already two casualties.  As of yesterday, there were three.  My husband is also off the wagon. {I think he may have fallen off before then, but he admitted it yesterday}   ; )  He joined the challenge just so that he could prove to me that he could do it.  "It's not a big deal.", he said...but  he couldn't make it past seven days.  So, ha! ha!  Okay, now that I've gotten my bragging done, let me be real..... I am STRUGGLING!  One lesson that I have come to realize is that when I eat certain foods, my body expects a soda to be it's bubbly companion.  Think about it.  Imagine your favorite burger..can you see it?..thick and juicy, with crispy lettuce, does it have bacon?, or cheese? or both? Think about the fries on the side.  After all, you can't have a burger without fries. (I think that would be a misdemeanor in the south.)  Are they shoestring or steak fries?  regular fries or sweet potato?  mmm...yum yum....Now, you're thirsty.  Pick up your cup.  What's in it?  If you said anything, but a soda...you lie...you lie...you lie.  Now clear your mind.  A new meal.  Your plate is now a bowl full of a fresh medley of greens...fresh diced tomatoes, crisp sliced cucumbers, a sprinkling of bacon pieces and maybe even a few seasoned croutons.  It is lightly covered with the dressing of your choice.  Again, you reach for your drink.  Now what is it?  For most of you, it will be water....for some, a lemonade or tea, but only a few will say soda.  Lesson one of this challenge, when we make healthier choices our bodies will crave healthy things.  Yes, I knew that before the challenge, but there is a big difference between knowing something and truly accepting it.

P.S. I'm not giving up my occasional burger, but I will try to "see" something healthier in my glass when I do have one.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts....