Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Easy Shrimp Linguini w/Mushrooms & Spinach


This recipe is one of my favorites for many reasons. The biggest reason: because it's DELICIOUS!!!!! If that's not enough, it's also quick, easy, only has four ingredients, and it makes me look like I know a little something about being in the kitchen. ; )



                      Here is what you will need. See, I told you there were only 4 ingredients.

Preheat oven to 450 and arrange the frozen shrimp in a single layer in a 2qt casserole or any oven safe dish.  I actually used a 9x13 dish this time. (I forgot that I broke my 2qt a couple of weeks ago : ( and my heart was set on having this for dinner.) It worked and I'll use this one from now on. Oh yeah, bake for 10mins.

Meanwhile, rinse and slice the mushrooms. 

Boil the noodles according to the package or your liking.  We like our pasta 1min. past al dente and I use whatever pasta I have on hand. Linguini, Fettucini, Vermicelli...this time I went w/Linguini.
{You can lightly salt water if you like, but I didn't}

After 10mins, separate any shrimp that were frozen together.....

Add the mushrooms....

Mix...

Then, stir in the spinach and bake for 2mins or until the shrimp is cooked through and the spinach and mushrooms have absorbed some of the buttery, golden deliciousness, but don't overcook...
* The shrimp should be tender and the mushrooms should have some bite ; ) *

Drain the pasta and add to shrimp mixture.... Use tongs to toss all of the ingredients together and VOILA!

Just eat and enjoy!......Yummy!........and 30 mins later....



Yep, it's just that good.


Ingredients:

* 12 oz. Sea Pak Shrimp Scampi (frozen)
* 9oz. Green Giant Chopped Spinach- NO SAUCE (frozen) or brand of choice (I used 7oz.)
* 8 med. Baby Bella Mushrooms or more if you like
* 3/4 pack of Linguini Pasta or whatever you have on hand

This is what I use for my family of 4. Double recipe if necessary. (adding more pasta w/o increasing the other ingredients will change the flavor.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts....