Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Friday, March 2, 2012

March Challenge: Soda Free


FYI: The goal was to have this posted on 2-28, but in dealing with an unfortunate event that changed.  I sure could have used a Pepsi or Mountain Dew to cope, but I am proud to say that I stayed faithful to the challenge.  If you are joining the challenge, but have had a soda yesterday or today, don't let that stop you from starting right now.  You can do it!


Ok, so I made up my mind. February 29th at 11:59pm will be last time that I can have any carbonated drink of ANY kind for at least 31 days. OMG!.... I don't drink alot of soda anyway (probably 2x a week at most), but I wanted to see if I could do without it at all.  I could tell you about all of the bad stuff in sodas, but we all know about them and I could tell you about all the calories, but we know. It is time to do something about it.  The goal during for this challenge is to replace sodas with a healthier alternative.  Otherwise I might as well keep drinking sodas...Duh! but it's a good thing that I didn't realize that March had 31 days until I told other people about the challenge otherwise I may have changed it to a shorter month. : ) Oh well, it is what it is.  Feel free to join me or at least wish me luck. (I'm gonna need it.Wink. Wink.)

P.S. I typically drink "healthier" sodas like Switch or Izze (fruit juice w/sparkling water), but even those are off limits during this challenge.
P.P.S. For you loop hole finders, for the purpose of this challenge if it's carbonated, it's soda. Sorry. : (


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts....