Text

A journey towards appreciating all of the beauty, hope and even the not so nice things that life has to offer.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

This Woman's Work

Today, I woke up at 6:30 and for me that is NOT normal. I am by no means a morning person.  I often joke that Ryan and I are members of the 10 more minutes club.  When you wake us up, after we growl at you, without pause we groan, "10 more minutes, please". ; ) ....... I slept well and dreamt all night about people on there way to or from getting married (except for a brief dream about a tow truck picking up some cars) and I was happy for them. I think I even crashed a reception. {I might be adding that to my 2012 to do list. It looks fun in the movies.} ....Anyway, it was strange to have those dreams about happiness and new beginnings when I am currently dealing with loss and the anticipation of loss.  The loss of my best friend, the looming and inevitable loss of loved one's lives and the loss of what I envisioned for my future.  My father is ill. Which I have never known him to be sick, other than a cold. EVER! I'm packing for a move and the weather outside is cold and gloomy.  I am tired and mentally and emotionally drained.  I want to crawl into bed, under the covers and just disappear. But, I can't. I have to keep moving. I have things to do. I have people that depend on me. Maybe, my dream was to remind me to have faith in hope and the future.  I'm not sure. I know that this time will pass, but in this moment this is what I am feeling. So, I will put on a smile and keep it there until it feels right. I can't get lost. I just found myself......

                                                                                                              *This Woman's Work* by Maxwell

2 comments:

  1. Dear Willette
    Keep expressing what most of us are thinking but, affraid to say. Your journay will empower many more. And yes "this to will pass" and you will be stronger for it.

    An Admirer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and words of encouragement. I appreciate you.

      Delete

Tell me your thoughts....